Monday – Friday
Accountancy Practice Manager
An opportunity has arisen within a growing Accountancy Practice. This part-time role will progress to a full-time in-office position at our office in Canary Wharf.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys working with people from all across the globe and has a desire to escape the traditional work environment.
Salary is dependent on the experience and knowledge level of the candidate.
- ACA/ ACCA qualified accountant (certification required)
- Must have 2 years post qualification experience in an accountancy practice
- Experience with Xero Software would be advantageous
- Knowledge of XPM essential
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of current accounting standards relevant to various sectors and their applications
- Able to liaise comfortably with all staff
- Must be tech savvy and understand software applications
- Fluency in Hindi is desirable
Boring but Essential Details
10am – 6pm
Canary Wharf, London, UK
Dependant on experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist and support the partners with all outsourcing services to clients
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations
- Able to recognise development and improvement opportunities
- Prepare management accounts and reports
- Oversee Payroll and VAT returns
- Liaise and review bookkeeping function and help resolve any roadblocks
- Assist with managing workflow in XPM
- Undertake varied and specialist assignments as and when required
- Provide technical support on all taxes and vat
- Be able to develop client relationships
- Keep updated with changes in UK tax law and legislation
- Assist in the development of more junior members of the team
Pennyhills® is a fast-growing, forward-thinking, tech-embracing accountancy practice based in London, UK.
We work with clients all over the UK from various sectors, mainly small to medium-sized businesses (SMEs).
(Interesting Fact: SMEs account for 99.9% of the UK business population)
We are a 100% digital practice and approach business like a lean tech start-up, unlike a traditional accounting firm. We use technology to automate much of the bookkeeping/ accounting process, so we have strong working knowledge and experience of:
- Double-entry bookkeeping and financial accounting
- Cloud-based Xero accounting systems
- Cloud-based IT systems for workflow and time management
- Programming/coding experience – connecting apps with open APIs and automating data processes
This is why if you don’t have a solid background in accounting and technology, sadly, it won’t be the right fit.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS.
Special Note: We promise we are more fun to talk to and work with. If there are any new Netflix series you have watched and want to discuss, then bring them up during your interview. We’ll give you special brownie points.