Monday – Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bookkeeper in our brand new office in Delhi, where you will be supporting our team in London. This is a remote work opportunity for the time being.
We are looking for a nerd who is a part-qualified accountant (ICAI) with 2-3 years of experience in an established chartered accountancy firm. The candidate must demonstrate knowledge and experience in using Xero Accounting Software.
Plus, you must have a solid grasp of cloud-based IT systems and proven experience developing internal systems and operations. We will also need you to have coding skills.
If you fit this description and have a smile on your face because we were completely right about you being a nerd, then you will fit right in with our global team.
This role has the opportunity for a fast career progression to the managerial level.
Boring but Essential Details
10am – 6pm
India (Remote Work from Home)
Strong broadband with available home office setup
Dependant on experience
Exhaustive List of Responsibilities
- Using apps for data capture and connecting to Xero accounting software such as Hubdoc
- Double-check the accuracy of the data to be processed
- Daily round bookkeeping using Xero accounting software
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices
- Processing purchase invoices and expenses
- Maintaining the accuracy of data from CRM (Client relationship management) software to Xero
- Maintaining the accuracy of data from EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) systems
- Maintenance of records to trial balance stage
- Chasing missing information
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register
- Depreciation and amortisation calculations
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Processing of UK payroll to HMRC
- Complete ownership of the client portfolio
- Continuous development and improvement of internal systems via how-to videos
- Continuous development and improvement of the internal company manual
- Leading and developing e-training materials for junior staff
- Administration of internal systems and communication channels
- Organisation and maintenance of workflow using cloud-based systems
- Holding regular meetings with the operations director and partners
- Be an advocate for improvements to processes and operations
- Take own initiative and find solutions to challenges
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Xero cloud accounting system experience preferred
- Part Qualified Accountant (ICAI)
- Degree – B.Com (Hons)
- A strong command of English, both written and spoken
- A solid academic background in mathematics, statistics and accounting
- 2 – 3 years of professional working experience in an established accounting practice
- International experience preferred
- Programming/coding experience
- Cloud-based systems experience
- Internal systems development experience
- Cloud-based IT systems – Zoom, Google suite of apps – Docs, Sheets etc
- Xero accounting software
- Good decision-making ability
- A good positive attitude
- A strong ethic of hard work
- A proactive approach
If successful, there will be 2 rounds in the interview process, including a competency test, testing your technical accounting and coding skills required for the role.
Pennyhills® is a fast-growing, forward-thinking, tech-embracing accountancy practice based in London, UK.
We work with clients all over the UK from various sectors, mainly small to medium-sized businesses (SMEs).
(Interesting Fact: SMEs account for 99.9% of the UK business population)
We are a 100% digital practice and approach business like a lean tech start-up, unlike a traditional accounting firm. We use technology to automate much of the bookkeeping/ accounting process, so we have strong working knowledge and experience of:
- Double-entry bookkeeping and financial accounting
- Cloud-based Xero accounting systems
- Cloud-based IT systems for workflow and time management
- Programming/coding experience – connecting apps with open APIs and automating data processes
This is why if you don’t have a solid background in accounting and technology, sadly, it won’t be the right fit.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS.
Special Note: We promise we are more fun to talk to and work with. If there are any new Netflix series you have watched and want to discuss, then bring them up during your interview. We’ll give you special brownie points.