Monday – Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bookkeeper in our upcoming new office in Delhi NCR, where you will support our team in London. We are hiring for two shifts, 11.30 am – 7.30 pm and 2.30 pm -10.30 pm, to work in our India Office. This is a great opportunity for candidates and exposure to international accounting.
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper with at least one year of relevant experience in an established organisation, preferably in a CA firm.
Plus, it would help if you had a solid grasp of cloud-based IT systems, as we are an entirely cloud-based ACCA firm.
This role has the opportunity for a fast career progression.
Boring but Essential Details
11.30am – 7.30pm / 2.30pm to 10.30pm
Delhi NCR, India
Available to start on 1st March
Dependant on experience
Exhaustive List of Responsibilities
- Using apps for data capture and connecting to Xero accounting software such as Hubdoc
- Double-check the accuracy of the data to be processed
- Daily round bookkeeping using Xero accounting software
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices
- Processing purchase invoices and expenses
- Maintaining the accuracy of data from CRM (Client relationship management) software to Xero
- Maintaining the accuracy of data from EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) systems
- Maintenance of records to trial balance stage
- Chasing missing information
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register
- Depreciation and amortisation calculations
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Processing of UK payroll to HMRC
- Complete ownership of the client portfolio
- Continuous development and improvement of internal systems via how-to videos
- Continuous development and improvement of the internal company manual
- Leading and developing e-training materials for junior staff
- Administration of internal systems and communication channels
- Organisation and maintenance of workflow using cloud-based systems
- Be an advocate for improvements to processes and operations
- Take own initiative and find solutions to challenges
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in accounting software is a must. Xero cloud accounting system experience is preferred.
- Degree – B.Com (Hons)/ Post Graduate/ CA-Inter
- A strong command of English, both written and spoken
- A solid academic background in mathematics, statistics and accounting
- 2 – 3 years of professional working experience in an established accounting practice
- International experience preferred
- Programming/coding experience
- Cloud-based systems experience
- Internal systems development experience
- Cloud-based IT systems – Zoom, Google suite of apps – Docs, Sheets etc
- Xero accounting software
- Good decision-making ability
- A good positive attitude
- A strong ethic of hard work
- A proactive approach
If successful, there will be three rounds in the interview process, including a competency test, testing your technical accounting and coding skills required for the role. To apply, please email us your CV and cover letter stating your current CTC and notice period and which shift you are interested in. Select the button ‘Email Us Now’ to apply.
Pennyhills® is a fast-growing, forward-thinking, tech-embracing accountancy practice based in London, UK.
We work with clients all over the UK from various sectors, mainly small to medium-sized businesses (SMEs).
(Interesting Fact: SMEs account for 99.9% of the UK business population)
We are a 100% digital practice and approach business like a lean tech start-up, unlike a traditional accounting firm. We use technology to automate much of the bookkeeping/ accounting process, so we have strong working knowledge and experience of:
- Double-entry bookkeeping and financial accounting
- Cloud-based Xero accounting systems
- Cloud-based IT systems for workflow and time management
- Programming/coding experience – connecting apps with open APIs and automating data processes
This is why if you don’t have a solid background in accounting and technology, sadly, it won’t be the right fit.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS.
Special Note: We promise we are more fun to talk to and work with. If there are any new Netflix series you have watched and want to discuss, then bring them up during your interview. We’ll give you special brownie points.